Have you tried a CPAP machine before and found it intolerable? Your issues don’t go away once you store the CPAP in the closet.
Not treating your sleep apnea will only exacerbate the problem and put you at a greater risk of serious medical problems like heart disease, diabetes, or even stroke.
The Sleep Apnea Center of Novi is dedicated to treating your sleep apnea issues in the least invasive way possible. We don’t want you to be uncomfortable while you sleep.
Our oral appliance is a comfortable solution that will reduce your symptoms and can be taken anywhere. We’d love to walk you through the entire process. Give us a call at 248-264-3922.
The CPAP machine was once the gold standard for treating sleep apnea, but now the oral appliance is the go-to method for those with obstructive sleep apnea. Here are the main differences between the oral appliance and the CPAP machine.
- The sleep apnea oral appliance resembles a mouthguard. It simply moves your lower jaw forward to keep your airway open while you sleep.
- The oral appliance has become our main way to treat those with obstructive sleep apnea, the most common form of sleep apnea.
- Our patients find that the oral appliance resolves their symptoms and gives them a great night’s sleep.
- The CPAP was one of the first sleep apnea treatments. It consists of a mask, hose, and machine.
- While the oral appliance helps those with obstructive sleep apnea, the CPAP still remains the main treatment for central sleep apnea.
We can quickly determine if you have sleep apnea, and what type, using help from local partners. Our testing and treatment is 100 percent hassle-free.
After just a few days of wearing the sleep appliance, you’ll feel the positive results. And you’ll reduce your risk of major medical problems!
If you’re having problems with snoring or restless sleeping, or if you’ve given up on your CPAP, you need to call our office at 248-264-3922 to schedule a FREE sleep apnea consultation.